Here we have yet another faithful pattern from Colette, which I might add has nominated me in the top 20 for the Reader's Choice catergory of their Laurel Competition! Woo!
My first pink pair are made out of a heavy textured cotton remnant and floral cotton for the pocket lining.
I chose to do a lapped zip instead of invisible because, well, I hate invisible zips. So. Much. They never sit right and I can never get them past joins in the fabric. And when I try they break. Hate. Them.
The lapped zips I've made in the past haven't been as perfect as I'd like, so in my second pair of shorts I followed this tutorial. For the second pair I also added 1 inch to the crotch as the pink pair were a little tight around there...
I will be graduating in about 2 months so next I be working on my dress for the ceremony! Very excited!