Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mad men challenge 2

It was a bit of a last minute decision to enter Julia Bobbin's contest this year but with an extension until tomorrow, I thought between then and Friday was enough time to whip something up.

I based my dress on the gem tones of Joan Harris in this outfit.


I really envy this woman's wardrobe.





This dress is based on the Colette Laurel pattern and also doubles as an entry into their competition. I added the pockets from the pattern and the extra pink welt. I lengthened the sleeves from half to 3/4 for a winter friendly design and also manipulated the original collar to include the pink contrast and bow.




3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, they look great on you.
    Very Joanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see your Joanie dress as a winner over at Colette Patterns! Well done you talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so exciting to be chosen out of some many entries!

      Delete